Always keep your face to the sunshine
and the shadows will fall behind you.
Do you have irregular, absent or heavy periods?
Have you suffered with painful periods and Pre-menstrual tension?
Do you suffer from or suspect you may have Endometriosis or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)?
Are you struggling with the menopause or think you might be peri-menopausal?
The menstrual cycle and period issues
Many of the issues women face are due to imbalance, which often starts as hormonal and then can progress to other physical signs and symptoms.
Conventional medicine has a tendency to medicate women, for example with the pill, drugs that alter the menstrual cycle or hormone replacement therapy during the menopause.
Peri-Menopause & Menopause
- anxiety and depression
- body aches
- hot flushes
- loss of libido
- memory loss
- night sweats
- vaginal dryness
Menopausal symptoms on average can last up to 4 years but, in around 10% of women, they last longer than 12 years.
Why choose acupuncture?
A course of acupuncture treatments may be all that is needed to help with:
• Irregular or absent periods
• Heavy or scanty periods
• Painful periods including breast pain and headaches related to the menstrual cycle
• Pre-menstrual tension
• Endometriosis and PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome)
• Thyroid disorders
• Perimenopause and Menopause
• Regulating the menstrual cycle and hormones
• Improving blood circulation to the pelvic organs, including the ovaries and uterus, which may improve the thickness of the endometrial lining
• Helping to support ovulation dysfunction in some women
• Reduce pain by stimulating the nervous system to release chemicals in the muscles, spinal cord, and brain, which leads to the release of endorphins (the body’s natural pain killers), as well as helping to reduce inflammation.
• Stimulation of certain acupuncture points has also been shown to affect areas of the brain that are known to reduce sensitivity to pain and stress, as well as promoting relaxation and deactivating the ‘analytical’ brain, which is responsible for anxiety.
I regularly see clients suffering with menstrual problems, endometriosis, PCOS, ovulation dysfunction, Perimenopause and the Menopause and I see some really good results. This is something which I get a great amount of job satisfaction from when I help women of all ages in my clinic every week. Having suffered with irregular cycles, PCOS and then night sweats and insomnia during IVF treatment I know first-hand what it’s like to be taken over by your body and its hormones. For me regular acupuncture has been one of the only things which have helped me to get back to regular cycles, good sleep and feeling human again.
To find out more or for just a chat?
If you would like to discuss how acupuncture might be able to help you with any of your women’s health needs, or if you’d like some advice on what to expect during acupuncture treatment, please just give me a call. I can be contacted on Tel: 07535 947474 / 01494 771324. Alternatively, drop me a line via my Contact Page.